Road ConstructionWoodhill has an in-house road surfacing division of contractors with a wealth of expertise in planning and carrying out road surface works such as resurfacing of roads, dual carriageways and motorways. Our team of road construction specialists has a reputation for completing construction, road repair and resurfacing projects on time and within budget.
- The strength of the existing construction - is it adequate to carry future anticipated loadings and if not, what degree of strengthening is required?
- The shape (regularity) of the existing surface - is it adequate to ensure satisfactory riding quality, surface water drainage and uniform compaction of any overlay material or does it need regulating?
- Thickness - will existing fixed levels, such as kerbs, accesses and bridge headrooms, permit an overlay to be used or will a particular thickness of the existing construction need to be removed before a new surfacing is laid?
- Mechanical key/adhesion - will the existing surface with the application of a bond coat provide adequate key/adhesion to any overlay that is applied?
- The new material - what type of material should be laid?
- Skid resistance - in restoring the surface, what level of resistance to skidding is required?
- Any other special considerations - e.g. colour, porosity/waterproofing?